Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pre-Midterm Week Food!

Yes, my life is currently being categorized relating to school and their lovely 'midterms.' Sunday, Mothers Day, I went out to eat to a lovely restaurant with a warm feel. I had been stuffing myself all day so I got their house salad, which came in a large tortilla bowl with their house dressing(first creamy dressing i have seen in argentina!). It was delicious. I followed it up with a beer. Quillmes of course. Monday I ate at the house and my host mom made breaded chicken. I love chicken so i loved this meal. I ate salad with it, which had cucumbers and hongos in it for a change!

Ugh! The other day after school I went out to eat with three of my guy friends. We went to a restaurant and I ordered a sandwich. A salad was ordered, something with lobster, and matambre. We were all guessing at the menus for the most part. Well. Our food finally arrives and I am handed my (safe) sandwich, and the three others are all served the same plate, filled with this horrid looking meat they call matambre. It was disgusting looking yet hillarious that they all got the same gross meat. To create such 'meat' they had to somehow smush chicken and beef together which sounds gross on its own, but to top it off they then managed to slide a slimy hard boiled egg into the middle! One finished it, the others poked and played about with it. All the while i was trying to ingest my perfectly fine sandwich yet was having quite some trouble getting it down because their plates looked soo disgusting!!! I now know to NeveR order matambre. Ever. Gives me shivers just thinking about it. I hate hard boiled eggs which also doesnt help!

No comments:

Post a Comment