Sunday, October 16, 2011

Food in Puerto Madryn!

I was lucky enough to be able to take a trip to Puerto Madryn, Chubut this past long weekend, staying there from Saturday to Tuesday, and enduring a twenty-hour busride to get there. On the bus they fed us loads of alfajores and bread chips, way more than anyone needed (even for breakfast!) along with cold sandwiches and a plate that resembled lasagna with spinach added. It was OK.

While in Puerto Madryn I ate huge shrimp which were quite tasty. I also took part in an asado that our hostel was preparing one night. It was delicious and contained many many different kinds of meat with various cuts, such as: bife angosto, bife de chorizo, chinchulin, entrada, matambre, chorizo, morcilla, pechuga, patas y cerdo were all accounted for. There was so much meat and so much to choose from! Accompanying this platter was fried eggs, salad, rice and potatoes. Twas a very filling meal!

We went out to eat a few times and I actually got to eat bacon once! I ordered a toasted sandwich with various meats on it with some lettuce and cheese added ontop; quite good. Had some fantastic desserts there as well. One of my favorites was an enormous brownie platter, topped with nuts, cream, vanilla ice cream, and dulce de leche with a daquiri on the side. Yummmmmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment