Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Foood

Back in Buenos Aires, back to buying food in the grocery store, and eating homecooked meals. Two nights ago we had meriluza fish for dinner. Fish is not my favorite but it was okay. It was very thick compared to the last fish dish I had here in the house, yet it was breaded just the same as before and I ate this dish with ketchup as well. Cauliflour was the side. The other night she ordered us pizza, simply cheese, that came accompanied with olives-yuck!-that i discreetly picked off. I went out to lunch the other day and got pasta with pesto on it, which is one of my favorites here. And especially since every time i try to order red sauce, it tastes like ketchup. For example I went to Uruguay on Friday and got spinach-filled ravioles with red sauce; the ravioles were good, but the sauce was not. I ended up eating most of my neighbors chicken instead!
Drank liters upon liters of sangria this week, which is odd for this is my first time tasting it (it is now my new favorite drink!), finding out it is very easy to make and a perfect summer sun drink. Yesterday I went to a friends homestay and we cooked food and made pico salsa, and fruit salad and cheese and crackers. We tried to cook chorizo and bife on the outside grill but the flame was uncooperative so we ended up grilling the last leg of it on the stove instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment